Meditation with Ram Ramanathan
Session on 13 May 2021 12:00 UTC - View on timetable
This meditation session will consist of a brief 5 minute introduction, 7 minutes of body awareness, 7 minutes of breath awareness, 7 minutes of mind awareness, and 9 minutes of energy awareness:
- A mix of mindful meditation of body, breath, and mind, leading to mindless meditation of energy beyond this matter
- Body awareness starting with erect spine, tensing, and relaxing body toe to head
- Breath awareness to inhale from below diaphragm, hold breath, exhale slowly, and hold in a cycle of ~15 seconds. Inhalation is about the future. Exhalation about the past. Holding the breath is experiencing the thoughtless mindless present moment. Focus on holding
- Mind awareness is scanning the body along the spine paying attention to what you experience.
- Energy awareness is experiencing the energy underlying mind body senses in what Vedic scriptures call Fourth State, Biddha termed Sunya, or Nothingness, Zen calls No Mind, and Coacharya terms Mindlessness
- When you practise regularly, 20 minutes a day at least, you experience that you are no longer a quantum particle but a quantum wave of energy.
Ram Ramanathan is an EMCC Global accreditation volunteer. His coaching school, Coacharya, is an EMCC accredited training provider (EQA) and won the 2019 EMCC Global coaching award.